Sunday, September 21, 2014

Troubles Really Are Disguised as Blessings

After three weeks of French classes at FSI, with the help of my 6 year old this morning, I finally realized that going to these classes and learning this very difficult language, truly is a blessing in disguise. My lil guy asked me "do you get paid a pay check to take French" with which I answered "Yes." And then he asked "How much do you have to pay to learn the French?" With that, for some reason it hit me . . . As much as I wanted to take an easier language (Spanish), I am BEYOND blessed to not only be getting paid my normal salary, but to pay nothing out of pocket to learn another language. Most people would kill for such an amazing opportunity and for the most part all I've done is mope around about how hard French is and how I may never get it. Thank you to my lil guy for pointing out the obvious. The glass really is half full in this endeavor! As much as I've complained about the work I have to do to even stay a float in my French class, this opportunity is an amazing one and from today on (thanks to my 6 year old), I will no longer bash and complain about the French I am learning, but rather be thankful that I get another day to learn more! What an opportunity! Thank you Lord for yet another hidden blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment